I feel like I’ve simply waited too long to write and now there’s far too much unpack! Plus, there’s just a plethora of photos to sift through—but, here is my stab at a synopsis of the kao-life these days:
1. Our little lady is chatting up a storm, her current vocabulary consists of: baby, mum, dada/baba, deng (light in chinese), and “pweese” or “bees” for please
2. During the month of February, we discovered that admission to the Fred Jones Museum of Art is free on Tuesdays AND that they have fun noon-time recitals! Emmy would clap along with the audience after a performance and chew on the program other times, but I thought she just stared at her dad so sweetly in this photo.
3. We got our new Coffee Roaster currently named: El Capitano.
While I have tinkered with our sample roaster at home, this thing was a totally different beast! Learning to roast on it along side Daniel is exciting because I think it’ll help me understand his passion for it so much more.
4. Over the past month and a half, I have been learning a variety of new skills (primarily to sew (thanks, Laurel!), knit, and crochet!):
I know I can’t do it all and do it all well so I think I’ll be concentrating on sewing:
It’s getting warmer and I tend to associate knitting/crocheting with cold weather, but before I stopped, I made Daniel his very own mustache cozy…
5. Meet Ada and Antaeus…
They’ve been around for a couple months now–going strong!
6. We just got back from Cali this week ( we were primarily there to visit YeYe and NaiNai, but we also to see San Francisco, Redding, and the redwoods!!!).
Meet Ada and Antaeus, you’ll be hearing more about them later, they’ve been around for a couple months now and their names mean, “invincible”–I don’t want them to die! I’ve found a few other girls who share my love for terrariums and are hoping to make terrariums soon, so I thought, why not try out air-plants?